1-121st FA Veterans and Association members,
In the Fall of 2015 we created the 1-121st Field Artillery Veterans’ Association and established three short term goals.
- Goal 1: Host a reunion to commemorate the 10 year anniversary of the battalion’s first deployment during the Global War on Terror (GWOT).
- On July 23, 2016, approximately 185 veterans, family, and friends of the 1-121 attended the reunion at the Country Springs Hotel in Pewaukee.
- On July 24, 2016, approximately 110; 1-121st FA Veterans and the family of Corporal Stephen W. Castner attended a graveside remembrance and lunch at the Woods National Cemetery.
- Goal 2: Establish local memorials to honor the 1-121st Soldiers killed in action during the (GWOT).
- On August 18, 2016 the Sussex Drill hall was formally named in honor of CPL Stephen W. Castner and a Bronze Plaque paid for by the Association was dedicated in a ceremony attended by the active battalion, veterans of the 1-121st and Stephen’s family. See the Wisconsin Departments of Veterans Affairs website to learn more about the dedication. Efforts to recognize CPL Castner within the City of Cedarburg are in process.
- Recognition of SGT Richard Parker during 2017 continues to be a focus.
- Goal 3: Establish an enduring memorial to the 121st Field Artillery Regiment.
- Historical research documenting the Regiment’s history is ongoing. The www.121fava.org/history section of the Associations’ website contains a summary of efforts.
- A preliminary memorial design and historical elements have been developed.
- Fundraising for the Memorial stands at just over $3,000.
As the Association approaches 2017, completion of the short terms goals is the focus. In accordance with the Association By-laws a general meeting and election of officers for 2017 will be completed to support the future efforts of the 1-121st FAVA we seek the following;
- Nominations for officers and board members for an election to be held at 6:00 PM, January 10th, 2016 in southeast Wisconsin.
- If you are interested in holding a leadership role; please consider running for an officer position, participate in a committee, or serve on the board.
- The time commitment during 2017 will be quarterly meetings, the details will be discussed at our general meeting in JANUARY.
If you have an interest in a position or would like to nominate a worthy candidate please contact the current Secretary via the CONTACT US PAGE here.
For members and those previously interested in 1-121 FAVA functions that received an email recently, you can reply directly to that email. When contacting, please provide any helpful details along with a brief biography of military service and statements in support of the nominee.
See the documents by clicking the links below.