1-121st Field Artillery Veterans Association

Pre-WWI History Page

2016-08-31_4-07-08

On September 11, 1894 the Wisconsin National Guard Field Artillery was born when twelve men signed an agreement to organize a battery in Milwaukee.  The formal organization occurred on May 11, 1885 with the creation of the First Light Battery.  The Battery 65 of members battery occupied the Farwell Avenue Skating Rink and trained in a vacant lot on North Prospect Avenue in Milwaukee.  As the Battery grew, it moved to an Armory at 815 N. Broadway and would share the Armory with the “Light Horse Squadron.” …Read More

Print Friendly, PDF & Email